Pool and sauna

Nikki

Since it's going to be a nice warm day tomorrow, I was planning on going for a swim. I have not lived here for very long, so I have not seen anyone use the pool yet. I was wondering about the cleanliness of it. Does anyone use this regularly? How often is it cleaned? Also, is the sauna working? The last time I tried, I could not figure it out!

Matt F

Hi Nikki,
I have been here for just under 1 year, and yes, I've seen the pool gets cleaned, but only in summer, and not that often.
No-one uses the pool except in summer cos its not heated (despite in being advertised as "heated outdoor pool" in the rent adds. The water will be freezing, even if its a nice day, but don't let me talk u out of it!
Have u got a wet suit? ;)
On the other hand, the sauna works fine. Its got a timer on the bottom of the big metal box (its the left side button) just turn it, and it will warm up. (It turns off automatically) It does takes ages to warm up tho, so maybe turn it on, got for your swim and then warm up in the sauna after. You will need to :)

Nikki

Thanks for the reply, Matt. I guess I won't be using it today then. Unfortunately I don't have a wetsuit! Oh well...I may try the sauna instead ;)

Matt F

I had a look at the Sauna over the weekend, and agree that the controls are slightly confusing.
So I went looking for a user manual and anything else I could find on-line.

I found the installation manual which "doubles" as a user manual.
I posted it here. I am still none the wiser, maybe it will make more sense after I've read it a few times. o_O

I will post anything else I can find about this Sauna here. (in this thread)

I did notice the wooden light shade inside the sauna room has been broken. I will attempt to glue it back together this week.

Jamie

Hey,
The sauna is fairly easy to use. You have to turn the dial on the bottom so the red light is on. I usually put it to 3 I think? Then just keep adding water every couple of minutes to heat it up. I keep adding until it starts dripping out the bottom a little bit. Then stop for 3-5 minutes then add some more water, etc. Until it is at your desired temperature. Works well, I hope that helps :)