Owners: We need your help

Ant & Pete

Dear Owners at 166 Wellington Parade,

We are the owners of unit 210 and we need your help! You should have all received a letter from Vic Body Corporate Services today with postal ballots to approve two special resolutions. One is for the building of a office in the foyer area and the second is to approve a lease of stairs in unit 210.

We are a young family that has been living in unit 210 for 6 years. With the recent arrival of our little boy, we are selling our one bedroom apartment with the intention of purchasing something more appropriate for our family. It has come to our attention that there is an error in the Plan of Subdivision. The boundaries of our home are incorrectly marked and the internal stairs, which is the only access to our home, have mistakenly been marked as common property.

At present we have a buyer for our home but cannot settle the sale without rectifying this issue. We need you to tick IN FAVOUR of the motion on the ballot paper to allow us and future owners to lease this space from the Owners Corporation. Please ensure that you respond as a non-response is counted as a NO vote.

I will shortly attach a file with photos.

Please contact us if you would like to have a look or would like more information.

Thank you!!

Ant & Pete

Here are the photos of our stairs. As you can see it is obvious that the stairs never been intended to be Common Property but are intended to be part of unit 210.

Attachments

• Entry to unit 210 showing internal stairs.png
    Entry to unit 210 showing internal stairs.png
    72.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Three entry doors to 109 110 and 210.png
    Three entry doors to 109 110 and 210.png
    71.5 KB · Views: 24
  • internal stairs.png
    internal stairs.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Stairs leading up to dining room.png
    Stairs leading up to dining room.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 23
  • stairs leading up.png
    stairs leading up.png
    62.5 KB · Views: 25

Matt F

Hi
I just rent here so I can't help with your ballot but surely all the owners of this place would vote in favour?
It must be a stressful time right now, but I wouldn't worry too much, I couldn't imagine any fair minded person voting against your proposal.
Good luck, you will be fine.

And congratulations on your new baby boy :p

Ant & Pete

Thanks Matt. It has been very stressful and it was quite a shock initially.

We are just trying to sell our place as it is. In order to that we need to rectify the error. We are following legal advice as the lease is the easiest and quickest solution.

We hope people understand and vote in favour.

Thank you for your support!

Ant & Pete

Hi everyone,

We've had a query about the two crosshatched diagrams in the letter sent to owners. Just to clarify, we are not asking to lease any of the tiled area in the front of the three front doors.

There are two diagrams, first storey and second storey. The first storey crosshatch begins at our front door and the second storey diagram shows the stairs and the landing which are inside our apartment but for which we need to get this lease for.

Feel free to contact us if you would like to see it for yourself.

Thanks everyone!

Ant & Pete

Hi all,

Just a reminder to get your ballot votes in the mail before close next Friday 2nd August. There are still more than 50% of owners that haven't voted so if that is you, please vote asap! Thank you!!

Ant & Pete

Hi Chen,
Thanks for voting! I think it just went over 50% but we will know the official result on Monday so will let you know.

Matt F

Conrats Ant & Pete!
heard from my neighbours (owners) that your lease ballot thing was approved.

Hope now you can sell your unit and move to bigger house in a more family friendly area.