The rubbish in the stairwell

Tez

I don't want to sound like a whiner, but would the people on level 7 that keep putting the rubbish in the stairwell please stop. It's really unhygienic and just plain lazy.

Thank you.

;)

Matt F

yeah, i noticed this too. Who is leaving their rubbish there? u know which apartment? (dob them in!)
And also all the cigarette butts just inside the foyer door, down on ground floor. disgusting. Are ppl allowed to smoke inside the fire exits?

roz

I was going to mention the same thing!! Rubbish on level 7 in stairwell that exits to back carpark has been there for months, plus light on that level is out. On ground floor of stairwell that exits to foyer is an old cereal box full of cigarette butts that has been tipped over, also been like that for weeks.

Shouldn't there be regular checks of stairwell as part of maintenance? I would have thought a once a month walk through by building manager to clean up/fix burnt out lights to maintain safety of stairwells in case of emergency??

I hope owners corp committee members are part of this forum, so they can see feedback/building issues and implement actions to resolve them.

Resident 166

Well level 3 has started the same lazy practice of throwing rubbish in the stairwell. This rubbish is rotting and is putrid. The funny thing about this is, the person, Michael Morrissey, Apartment 306 has his mail, from AAMI sitting in the rubbish bag with his full name, address etc fully exposed. Not only is he extremely lazy and dirty, he is a complete fool. Put your rubbish where everyone else does, the rubbish bin.

Matt F

Hi Roz, I took a walk up and down both stair-wells today. Thankfully, the rubbish bags seem to have been taken away, but they are far from clean -

cigsinstairs.jpg
image above: cig butts/ashtray fire stairwell near level 9

cigsstairslevel9.jpg
image above: cig butts in fire stairwell level 9

burntflurolevel7.jpg
image above: stairwell near level 7, flickering & burnt out light

grimydoorlevel12.jpg
image above: grimy door level 12

cigsgroundfloor.jpg
image above: Someones stash of cig butts on Ground floor, just inside foyer door

chairinstairs.jpg
image above: old chair obstructing fire exit in stairwell

roz

Hi Matt,

Those photos sure show clearly how bad the stairwells have been - quite horrendous (and dangerous)

The great news is they have cleared away the rubbish as well as swept the stairs - from the levels I have seen it is so much better!

Thanks OC committee/OC manager/building manager/cleaner/fellow forum posters for taking action!!

Bad news is someone on level 2 has already put a big rubbish bag in the stairwell, plus someone has put an ashtray container on stairs near level 8 door...

Level 2 rubbish
IMG00182-20121002-1724.jpg

Ashtray container near level 8 door, on stairs leading up to Level 9
031020122699.jpg031020122701.jpg

roz

(Matt, could you let me know how to post pics as i just tried in my post above and they have come up as broken links, thanks!)

Matt F

Hi Ros, this is the easiest way:
Click "Upload a file" button and find the images on your PC or camera flash memory to upload.
(See "A." below)
Edit your last post and try that. I will check later to see if it worked.
finalImage.png