Sport Arts & Parks On Your Doorstep [david On Airbnb]

John

Co-Investor at 166 and forum administrator
Staff member
Sport Arts & Parks on your doorstep

davidbanner.png

Entire apartment · East Melbourne · $82 per night · https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/14993500
5 guests
2 bedrooms
4 beds
2 baths

This modern, bright 2 bedroom apartment including car parking. In a premier location commanding exceptional views, MCG is literally across the road and proximity to all the best Melbourne has to offer, parks, gardens and dining precincts
The complex includes a swimming pool, sauna and gym equipment.

The space
consists of a master bedroom with ensuite, second bedroom, living room, open plan kitchen and main bathroom.

Bedding configuration - Queen to master bedroom and second bedroom with bunk beds and a separate trundle.

The apartment also has a classic arcade tabletop with 20OO+ games to choose from - all the greats including: Pacman, Donkey Kong, Space Invaders, Frogger and Defender.

Guest access
Keys will be personally handed to guests when possible, or left in the letterbox if required

Interaction with guests
Melbourne is a wonderful city with plenty of sporting & cultural delights, I would be pleased to share my hidden faves when it comes to best experiencing this great city especially when it comes to food, wine & cool bars.

Amenities
Free parking on premises
Lift
Wireless Internet
Kitchen
Gym
Buzzer/wireless intercom
Pool
Dryer
Hangers
Hair dryer
Iron
Shampoo
Air conditioning
Laptop friendly workspace
Washer
Essentials
TV
Heating

House Rules
No smoking
Not suitable for pets
No parties or events
Check-in is anytime after 2PM
Check out by 11AM
No smoking in the apartment.
Please respect neighbours when coming & going.
No loud music

Cancellations
Moderate: Cancel up to 5 days before check in and get a full refund (minus service fees). Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded. Service fees are refunded when cancellation happens before check in and within 48 hours of booking.

Accessibility
Lift

Feedback

Sarah

January 2018
The location is unbeatable. So close to the tennis (and mcg) and an easy walk to the city and bridge Rd/Richmond. We enjoyed walks and runs in the parks and gardens nearby. The apartment itself was comfortable for the 3 of us. Good indian take away downstairs and excellent coffee from nearby cafe.

Tim

January 2018
Very central and clean apartment. Great location!!

Richard

January 2018
Excellent location for a visit to the Aus Open tennis. Just a 5 min walk to Melbourne Park. Also a great view over the MCG from apartment window. Thanks David.

Therese

January 2018
Great space . Fantastic view. Fun game console . Close to everything. Thank you David

Luke

December 2017
Location and views are a sport lovers dream!

Jane

December 2017
Great location close to city and Richmond, perfect for MCG or tennis events. Opposite the station and tram stop so quite noisy - but if you are a heavy sleeper a perfect place to stay.

Sandie

December 2017
Great value apartment with an amazing view and easy access to everything. Tram stop and train station right outside the apartment or 10 minutes walk to Melbourne’s CBD across Fitzroy Gardens. David was easy to contact and was at the apartment to meet us on arrival. The parking was an added bonus for us and there is a great Indian restaurant that also does take away next to the entry to the apartment block. Would stay again and recommend.

Eva

December 2017
Great apartment, convenient location. Everything was very clean and well thought out. David was a very speedy communicator and very accommodating with check in requirements.

Emily

December 2017
good communication and nice house

Emma

December 2017
We had a wonderful stay at David’s place. Great location, David made sure we had everything we needed, and was a great communicator. Highly recommend.

Jenny

October 2017
A fantastic spot near Melbourne CBD- close enough to feel a part of things without being noisy or intrusive. Very conveniently located to public transport with trams and trains being just outside the front of the building. A wonderful view over the MCG. Very comfy beds and roomy…Read more

Dave

October 2017
Great place to stay for our short trip to Melbourne with our two kids. Just on the edge of the CBD, close to transport and sporting venues. Place was just as described, bright and homely with special touches. View could not be better. Busy-ish street but high enough up to avoid too much noise. David is a great host, who personally took the time to show me all elements of the place and was very responsive to enquiries. Would definitely stay again!

Marilyn

October 2017
I stayed at this lovely apartment for four nights while I worked in the city, and I loved it. It felt like I was on holiday. The best part was sitting at the bar-style table by the window with a glass of wine, looking at the MCG and the city as the sun set and the night lights came on, at the same time working on my laptop using the free wi fi. Bed was extremely comfortable, kitchen well equipped, lots of nearby cafes for take-aways or eat-ins, and David was an extremely fast and good communicator. You could hear trams and some city noise, but I actually loved that as it was part of the atmosphere. I slept with the window slightly open and left the curtains undrawn so I could look at city lights when I woke up, as I always do, several times a night. I found myself wondering why I'd never bought an apartment on the city fringe. So, so convenient too.

Drew

October 2017
This place is amazing, located across the park from the mcg we would have been happy staying in anything but we needn’t have worried. Plenty of space, great setup and a very helpful host! We will be back for our next trip.

Scott & Laura

September 2017
Everything was as described, very nice Perfect location for the footy. Easy walk into Richmond and the City David's a great bloke, thanks for the stay mate, good luck next week!

Sarah

August 2017
The best place to stay! Beautiful view, great apartment, excellent host. Will absolutely be back.

Elizabeth

August 2017
Loved our time at David's AirBNB fantastic location looking directly out at the MCG David was also a great host & very helpful with all our requests - would highly recommend

Andrew

July 2017
Great location and apartment.

Jielu

July 2017
It was one of the most enjoyable airbnb experiences I have ever had thanks to Davids great hospitality and his lovely apartment. The room has all the amenities we need. The parking was a little difficult to find but Liz kindly helped us to get in. We would strongly recommend David's place to everyone!

April

July 2017
David's place is absolutely fantastic especially if you are visiting Melbourne for the footy - with the MCG across the road it is a perfect location. It was wonderful to wake up to amazing views of the parks and the stadium in the morning. The apartment is great for families, good amount of space and a modern apartment with very comfy beds. Quite a few different and high quality cafes and restaurants within 200m as well as the 7-11. David is a friendly and responsive host too! We would love to stay here again!

Jak

June 2017
David was a great host and very easy to communicate/arrange our stay with. Apartment is well equipped and very modern. I would definitely stay here again!

Michelle

June 2017
Very cosy apartment, amazing view and perfect location when visiting the MCG. The games table was a huge hit with my teenage boys. Would definitely recommend!

Richard

June 2017
Great location, very nice apartment. Fantastic for any major event at MCG and a great base to explore Melbourne.

Richard

June 2017
Couldn't get a better location if attending any of the sporting events held across the road. It is a lovely and easy walk into town through the Fitzroy gardens or trams on doorstep for further adventures. David personally greeted us and gave us the run through of the apartment and was flexible with check in and out which was appreciated. Even suggested a great breakfast spot a short walk away (Hard Pressed) which was so good we went there twice! Thanks David we thoroghly enjoyed our stay in your apartment...we will be back!

Hayley

May 2017
Highly recommend David's home! We had a action packed family weekend away that was made all the more enjoyable by the location and easiness of staying at this home! Thanks again David.

Monica

May 2017
Thank you David, your apartment was lovely. Everything we could have needed, we really enjoyed our stay.

Michelle

April 2017
Great apartment right across from public transport and the MCG, and within walking distance to the city! David was flexible with check in and excellent with all other communication. Highly recommend!

Ian

April 2017
Perfect location for seeing Melbourne. The tram and train stops are right outside the front door. The MCG is an easy walking distance. Parkland with a kid's playground are very close also. Our family of five stayed comfortably and enjoyed the apartment. We never felt unsafe. Waking up to see the MCG each morning was special for me. The kids had lots of fun on the arcade game in down times.

Sarah

April 2017
David's apartment was perfect for our short stay in Melbourne. The wonderful view of the MCG was a highlight for my husband and son. David was a wonderful host who clearly cared about the enjoyment of our stay. Highly recommend!

Liz

April 2017
My mom and I enjoyed our stay at David's flat. It was spacious, comfortable, clean, and accessible to everything. The MCG stadium is right across the street so the view is incredible! David was flexible, and allowed us to get the key early which was very helpful for us. Thanks David! Would definitely stay there again.

David

March 2017
All in all a very good stay. David's away but communicated with his cleaner to check-in. All went smoothly. Very central apartment. Love Fiztroy Garden and Royal Melbourne Garden which are literally next door. Tram station right in front. Great stay!

Jess

March 2017
Fantastic two bedroom apartment in a really convenient location for getting around. Clean, light and easy to navigate. We stayed for the weekend with our almost two year old and it was great. Easy host to communicate with. If you're used to quiet I'd suggest sleeping in the back bedroom as some city noise filters up to the front one. Awesome location and overall hassle free. Made for a great weekend.

Matthew

February 2017
My friends and I had a wonderful stay at David's apartment and particularly enjoyed its close proximity to places like the MCG and the city. On top of this, David was an excellent host and made check-in very easy. Thanks again David!

Yelena

February 2017
David was a great host- easy to communicate with and flexible. The apartment is very cool, modern and clean. It's a spit away from the 'G, and very easy distance to the CBD either via public transport or walking. I'd definitely look to stay here again next time I'm visiting the city!

Lawrence

February 2017
David was an excellent host greeting us personally and explaining the details of his apartment which was well placed close to the CBD and beautiful fitzroy and treasury gardens. Excellent view of MCG. V love the kitchenette which came lots of freebies. Place was clean and tidy and had everything v need to enjoy our stay