Result of Postal Ballot - Special Resolution A/C Upgrade

emily

It means the "Special Resolution" did not pass right away, but it is still alive, as an "interim special resolution."

I will explain!

It didn't pass because the ballot result was 61.7% for the motion, and did not meet the 75% required for automatic approval.
But because only 5.6% voted against (less than 25%) and 61.7% voted for (more than 50%) it was not killed off, and exists as a "interim special resolution" for I believe 28 days.

After 29 days (on 23rd of February) it becomes a "Special Resolution" meaning it fully passed and the owners corporation can go ahead and raise the money from owners i.e. send invoices and carry out the work it detailed to all the owners.

So if by 23rd of Feb. more than 25% of owners write/e-mail to the owners corporation representative (David Moss) then the "interim special resolution" will not pass.

But my opinion this is very unlikely.
Why? Even though only 61.7% voted for it, only 5.6% voted against it, and the rest (~33% - a third!) didn't vote at all or most likely didn't even know there was a ballot being conducted.
Sure, if all the 33% write to David Moss & vote against it, combined with the 5.6% who would need to also write to David Moss, it would be killed off.
But that is not going to happen.
That 33% probably still don't know there is a ballot on!

So we are all going to get invoices! many over $1000! - including the 33% who didn't vote.