For Sale 1101/150 Clarendon Street ($46,000,000!!!)

Matt F

This apartment for sale at $46 million could set a Melbourne price record
https://www.realestate.com.au/property-apartment-vic-east+melbourne-131179482

ELIZABETH REDMANTWITTER SENIOR NEWS PRODUCER
MAY 15, 2019

An oversized luxury apartment in East Melbourne has been listed with price hopes of $46 million, a level that would set a record for the city.

The eye-watering price guide is seen as “fairly strong” by one buyers’ agent and would allow the vendor to more than double her money over a decade.

On level 11 of the prestige block at 150 Clarendon Street, East Melbourne, the residence spans more than 1400 square metres and overlooks the Fitzroy Gardens.

190415_150_Clarendon_5_ply09z.jpg

1101/150 Clarendon Street, East Melbourne. Photo: WHITEFOX Real Estate Stonnington

Amenities in the top-end building include a 24-hour concierge, private wine cellar, boardroom, pool, gym and spa.

Listing agent Marty Fox of Whitefox Real Estate said the home had already drawn some initial buyer interest.

“Whoever has $46 million in their back pocket is going to be someone extremely interesting,” Mr Fox told Domain.

“I don’t know whether or not they’ll be local or from overseas – my gut says they’ll be a local buyer.”

Asked if he thought the property would sell for its $46 million price tag, Mr Fox replied: “The price is $46 million.”

The vendor, who bought the unit new off the plan nine years ago, was selling because “it’s just the right timing” and plans to buy back into Melbourne later, Mr Fox said.

190415_150_Clarendon_2_qxz1rw.jpg

The home overlooks the park. Photo: WHITEFOX Real Estate Stonnington

In a video on the online listing, vendor Margaret Lou called the home “one of the best apartments in the world”.

“I looked everywhere, London, New York, Los Angeles, Shanghai, Beijing, everywhere,” Ms Lou said.

The property is held in the name of Hong Kong-based corporate vehicle Lou Property Holdings Ltd and settled in 2010 for $19,359,200, public records show.

190415_150_Clarendon_7_flr1wm.jpg

The residence spans more than 1400 square metres. Photo: WHITEFOX Real Estate Stonnington

The building at 150 Clarendon Street has been tightly held since completion, Wakelin Property Advisory director Jarrod McCabe said.

“It’s very popular and very well-regarded and it’s always been very highly sought-after,” he told Domain.

But he said it was “hard to judge” the home’s value without a tour.

“It’s probably at the upper end of where I would think value sits, but the key thing with the market with a property like this is finding the right buyer,” he said.

“It seems fairly strong to me.”

190415_150_Clarendon_4_tdbym1.jpg

The apartment is listed with a $46 million guide. Photo: WHITEFOX Real Estate Stonnington

A sale at $46 million would top the city’s apartment record.

Another apartment project on St Kilda Road, The Muse, offered its penthouse for sale with $45 million hopes.

The highest confirmed apartment sale price in Melbourne so far is the $25 million penthouse of skyscraper Australia 108.

The penthouse in Tim Gurner’s Saint Moritz project in St Kilda had an asking price of $30 million but the contracted price is not yet publicly available. Mr Gurner said at the time he was “extremely happy with the result”.

Last edited: